Popcorn ceilings were a popular option for American homes as early as the 1940s all the way up until the 1990s. Their rise to favor was largely thanks to how inexpensive they are to install, how easily they hide imperfections on the surface, and for the fact that they have mild sound-dampening abilities. As desirable as they were back then, most homeowners today dread them – the look has become seriously dated as smoother textures have come into favor, and the fact that popcorn ceiling tends to be laden with asbestos doesn’t help.
At Home Doctor, we offer popcorn ceiling removal services to help you hit the refresh button on your home, and we’ve found that many of our customers are curious about how our popcorn ceiling removal process works. Read on to find out!
- Preparation: Before we tackle the popcorn ceiling removal in a particular room, we take steps to ensure that the rest of the home is protected. Our specialized machines are designed to be extremely clean as they work, but we can still seal off the area with plastic and other coverings as needed to help protect the surrounding areas.
- Safety Gear: We make sure we take the necessary safety precautions, and we have protective eye and face coverings and clothing to ensure our team is safe as they work.
- The Festool System: We use a specialized popcorn ceiling removal system known as the Festool system to quickly and effectively remove the textured surface and leave behind a smooth one. Our popcorn ceiling removal machine can accommodate different textures and depths, so we’re ready to tackle even the most aggressive popcorn texture.
- Collection: In many people’s minds, one of the worst parts of removing popcorn ceiling is the mess that it creates, but we have a solution. Our machine features a collection receptacle that holds the debris so that we can easily dispose of everything once the job is done.
- Precise Control: Another thing people dread about popcorn ceiling removal is that it can damage the ceiling if you don’t have the proper tools. Because we use the innovative technology of the Festool system, we’re able to make quick work of the texture without the risk of gouging or puncturing the ceiling, all while effectively capturing the debris so it stays safely contained.
If you’re interested in learning more about popcorn ceiling removal or would like to schedule a service with us, reach out today!